These are my favourite cookies…perfect with a cup of tea! The basic recipe is from Enlightened Eating and I just add any extras that I have around to add extra nutrition.
1 cup oats
1 cup flour (I use brown rice or spelt)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup nut butter
2 Tbsp soft butter or coconut oil
1 cup sucanat (I use just under a cup of raw cane sugar and a splash of molasses)
1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
If the batter is very moist, I add additional items (such as coconut, dried fruit, seeds, brown rice krispies…)
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix nut butter and coconut oil until well blended. Stir in sugar, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, and any extras.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto baking sheets and bake for apx. 14 minutes until tops look dry. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is adapted from Enlightened Eating.