Enjoy some of my favourite Fall soups! I’ve reposted the ones I keep coming back to so they are at your fingertips!
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut in small cubes (I use sweet potato)
- 1 litre veg or chicken stock
- 1 head of broccoli, about 300g, roughly chopped
- 200g feta cheese
- 4 tbsp toasted walnuts, plus more to garnish, if you wish
1. Set up a large pot over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil. Tumble in the onion and garlic, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
2. Swirl the potato through the onion mix. Pour in half the stock. Simmer until the potato is tender, 10-15mins.
3. Add half of the remaining stock. Let it warm through. Pile in the broccoli. Fold through. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender but still bright green.
4. Add half the feta and the walnuts. Whizz to a smooth soup in a food processor or blender. Taste. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
I found this recipe years ago at http://www.abelandcole.co.uk
It’s with gratitude, that I share it with you.